Traveling Alone for the First Time




Should I go? Is it really necessary? I got some work to do. These are just some questions that perturb my mind and took me a day to decide if I should go with my mom and visit my relatives in the province or not. Well, those latter questions seem to unravel the answers I was hoping for. Oh yes, I come to think that sometimes I need to derail myself from the monotonous routine and responsibilities from the urbanism. Break sa ta kadali.

My mom wants to travel on Saturday morning, but I begged to extend it on Sunday night because I have something important to do. But she resists. This by then gives me no reason to just think.. "What if i'll try? "fine, I’ll travel alone" then mom just said “Seriously? Ikaw bahala”. I fake sobbed.


Soooo, yes! I recently had one of the best experiences of my life - a travel all by myself. I was enraptured upon wanting to travel alone for the first time with a lil scared off feeling inside.


I really wanted to take pictures but I feel a lil paranoia that may be that it will bring me to harm. Meanwhile, here are my insights of me traveling alone…

Challenges you more.
Traveling alone challenges your fears and insecurities. Like seriously. I can easily be detected as an ignorant kiddo who is very keen and observant to certain things.


Freedom.

It gives the feeling of absolute freedom and not depending on other people. I can now sit where I want to be *teheeee 

I get to know and familiarize the places.
I used to sleep during long travel but since I have no one to depend on and due to some security purposes and fear of getting to elsewhere, I just used to take some short naps to make sure that I'm still on the right track. That way, I appreciate those little things in life-nature, beautiful sunset, tall trees, large rocks besides the highway and others. 

I learn to trust my instincts.
There are really some circumstances we didnt expect to happen. I supposed to ride only 2 buses but it took me 5 rides to be on the province. To be specific- 2 buses, tricycle, jeepney since they said there was a slight problem and issue about the transportation system. Imagine how I felt nervous every time I think, “will the driver put me on the right place?” or  "Is this really the right vehicle to ride?"

The feeling of fulfillment.

Traveling solo for a certain amount of time can prove to be one of the most rewarding happenings in your life. Especially if you arrived safely *hahaha


You’re the boss.
Your time and budget are your own! More space to make the trip entirely your own. 

From my own journey, I was terrified of the unknown, but if I would have surrendered to that fear, I would have never got to know the strong and courageous side of me.

I've been more flexible and find it easier already to cope with unexpected setbacks and complications. The exciting feeling I felt was, there’s nobody to blame you for your own gaffes, after all!